This image of "Mama's Easter parade costume in 2000 A.D." appeared in the February 26, 1951 Walla Walla Union-Bulletin (Walla Walla, WA). "Chicago fashion experts" predicted that women would carry around their own food, fuel and telephones in mesh bags. The food and telephones seem rather prescient, but I'm not so sure about the "fuel" part of the equation.
FASHION FORECAST -- Mama's Easter parade costume in 2000 A.D. will look something like this, say Chicago fashion experts. They say women will tote their own food, fuel and telephones in mesh bags, such as are carried by model Marjorie Needham.
Previously on Paleo-Future:
- Miss A.D. 2000 (Chicago Tribune, 1952)
- Waitress of the Year 2000 (1939)
- Futuristic Pollution Deflector (1968)
- Bearded Men of the 21st Century (1939)
- Fashion Wired for Sound in Year 2000 (1957)